Spokane Child Custody Modification Attorneys

Post-Divorce Enforcement And Modification

A divorce is not over when the decree is signed. Especially when there are children or support payments involved, the parties are bound by the decree. Neither party can simply relocate because of the impact this would have on the parenting plan and visitation schedule. Similarly, if one party is not rendering the support payments according to the decree, something needs to be done.

Without excellent legal representation, it is easy for people to find themselves feeling helpless. They end up with a modification that keeps them apart from their own children or they are unable to collect the support they are due. If you are dealing with a divorce modification, it is critical to work with a legal team you can trust to protect your interests and the interests of your children.

Maxey Law Office PLLC ∙ A Name You Can Trust

We have more than 30 years of experience as a law firm, with a track record of successful cases and satisfied clients who attest to the fact that we are a law firm you can trust. Our Spokane child custody modification lawyers will attend to every detail of your family law case and provide powerful advocacy on your behalf.

Contact us to learn more.


For a Washington court to approve a divorce modification, the petitioning party needs to establish a change in circumstances substantial enough to justify the modification. This is true for any type of modification, including child custody, spousal support and child support. A substantial change in circumstances can include:

  • Relocation for work that will change custody
  • Loss of work
  • Substantial change in income
  • Illness or injury to children, requiring greater support

If you need to petition the court for a modification or contest a modification petition from your ex-spouse, we will provide you with sound legal counsel and powerful advocacy through the process.


If your ex-spouse is not making timely support payments or is failing to follow the parenting schedule, we can help you. The provisions of the divorce decree must be followed. We can petition the court for a variety of remedies, including injunctions and wage garnishments to make sure your interests are protected.

Contact A Spokane Support Modification Lawyer

To speak with an attorney about enforcement or modification of a divorce decree, call 509-828-4936 (800-477-7758 toll free) or contact us online.