Maxey Law Office PLLC Attorneys at Law - Spokane Criminal Defense Lawyer
Call now for a consultation:
~or~ 800-477-7758
A Name You Can Trust. Integrity, Equality and Justice
Firm Overview

August 2018 Archives

Family law: Can grandparents seek custody if CPS removes a child?

Anyone in Washington who is concerned about the welfare, health or safety of a child can report it to Child Protective Services. As soon as such a report is filed, family law requires CPS to investigate the circumstances in the home where the child lives. If CPS finds any reason to suspect that harm may come to the child, it will evaluate the situation to determine whether there is a viable option to improve the child's safety.

Criminal charges filed after attempts to steal a bait bike

Following multiple incidents of criminal activities in Spokane, reserve officers of the Spokane Police Department recently agreed to organize a sting in the affected area. This led to arrests and criminal charges filed against three people. Two of them already had warrants out for their arrest.

Negligent drivers in Spokane cause many personal injury claims

Based on a survey that was done by an online auto insurance platform, Spokane is fourth on the list of top five United States cities with the worst vehicle drivers. From this, one might deduct that the civil justice system in Spokane deals with its fair share of personal injury lawsuits. Over a million consumers nationwide responded to questions related to driving incidents since 2011 in which they were at fault.

What could cause the denial of Social Security Disability claims?

Anyone in Washington who suffers a severe injury or health problem will know what it is like to rely on insurance payments. When he or she cannot work for an extended period, Social Security Disability benefits might be the only income. Receiving benefits could make up approximately 70 percent of lost wages. However, it is not uncommon for benefits claims to be denied.

Family law: Myths about child support

When marriages end in Washington, couples who have children usually have a lot to learn. Many myths exist about child support, child custody and other family law matters. Rather than relying on information obtained from the internet or friends and family, it might be smarter to get answers from experienced legal counsel.

Request a consultation

Request a confidential meeting with our attorneys today:

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Our Office Location:

Maxey Law Office PLLC
1835 West Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA 99201

Phone: 509-828-4936
Toll free: 800-477-7758
Fax: 509-325-4490
Spokane Law Office Map

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.